Friday, March 30, 2012

What about the cross?

Often in my life when things are not going quite right, or I am experiencing some sort of turmoil, I get upset with God for not doing something for me to get me in a better, easier place.  Last year, when I felt like I was in a pit, I kept asking God, really telling Him that He needed to get me out of the pit NOW! I would get angry with Him at times because I felt that because I was doing my best to seek Him with all my heart, He should rescue me. Even though, I can look back over my life and see many things God has done for me, when I was in those moments, all I could see was that He wasn't doing "enough" for me then.  One day when I was struggling with this, I heard this phrase in my heart "What about the cross? Isn't that enough?"  I realized that even if God never did another single thing for me, what He did for me on the cross was more than enough, more than I deserved. Psalm 86:13 says "For great is your mercy toward me, and you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol."  God loves me, and He loves you so much that He took our sin and our shame on Himself and died the death we should receive.  In doing this, He delivered my soul from a horrific place.  Because of what He did on the cross, I will one day live in a place that is so magnificent that I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like.  I will behold the face of Jesus, my Savior!  God has blessed me greatly on this earth and I know He will continue to bless me because He loves me.  But I hope that I can always live with the truth that THE CROSS IS ENOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment